View Single Post
      12-09-2019, 09:30 PM   #13
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathObeaN View Post
From what I've experienced, let me just say it isn't straight forward. The aggression settings for Sport and Sport+ do not correlate perfectly to the car modes. If you adjust the BM3 aggression for Sport+, it ends up affecting Comfort, Sport, Sport+ and Traction burble, but each with differing degrees. Adjusting the BM3 Sport aggression appears to have no affect. The time value is different though. BM3 Sport+ seems to affect Sport and Sport+ settings. The Sport BM3 time setting appears to affect the Comfort and Traction settings.

Of course, this odd behaviour could vary between versions of code and the car flashed. Best way to find out is trial and error. Unfortunately the '3D' nature of the tunes don't always translate as expected to the '2D' sliders in the BM3 app.

I will also note my experience is with an N55 M2.

Below is my setting which basically equates to: quiet rumble in comfort, loud grumble in MDM and pops and bangs in Sport/Sport +:

Wow that all makes sense actually especially with your set up shown. I can do a test also to put the Sport settings up and the Sport+ settings to 0 to really see if Sport does nothing.

One thing I did notice for the OTS burble is the burbles sounded too loose and low which is pretty much same sound as stock tune traction mode. I always thought the Sport+ on stock tune sounded the best and I was quite disappointed with the OTS burble. However adjusting the aggression does make up for it and more, but I'm gonna flash back to stock tune eventually to see if those burbles are similar because apparently OEM burble doesn't make it sound the same at Stock tune burble. I'm also wondering if it has to do with the exhaust flap opening up at certain angles to create different tones.

It's also good to have what OEM, OTS values are actually. That way we have a reference point to get a better feel of what you want to do. On the manual it shows these values as default settings meaning OTS stage 1? Orginal? What values do u have there exactly for ur current set up?
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
m20e30871150.00