United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
SCOTT26

You have seen the car, how close is this?
Will the answer make you feel generally excited? Emotional at an elevated level?
Or hateful with strong distaste? There is only one answer I can give.
Will you like it? Or despise it even more though?

As I said previously what they say: The need to distance M cars is very much a global decision. The M customer explains that there is not much variation. The M3/M4 and even M2 are the "wild cards"
They are more volume therefore they can still offer taboo features like a manual transmission. When the competition cannot.

It heralds an all new outlook to BMW M. Engineering,Performance and Design.
Enough with the nonsense about China. Especially when the US remains the largest M market.
I can sympathise in regards to the appearance. But I know that time will be its greatest ally and some of the detractors will come to eventually love it.
Apologize for not following this earlier. But you're saying this new grille is ///M only, not new language that will start being cascaded? Essentially, all the M Sports and ///M performance models don't look different enough, so they're making the actual ///M's more radical looking?

I'm ok with that in theory. But it doesn't need to be busy to be radically different. There are ways this type of grill can look good. Can only hope that's where they'll end up. It can still be evolutionary and radical at the same time.

I actually have a bigger issue with the lines changing like the 2GC than I do the IDEA of a full face grill. But also hate the renders and pictures of those grills so far. Can't just slap it on the existing front end and act like you've changed everything or that it works. Way too busy.
Appreciate 0