I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
There is a piece of code in the system of the display that reads the VIN of your car. As soon as you swap it and it reads a new VIN, the display starts to show the wrong information.

This was to urge customers to go back to their dealer to ask what is wrong and ask from them a fee to fix the issue. It would also keep people from selling the display on to someone else.

The reset by default is not sufficient. I have seen displays being reset a few times and I can tell you the display was telling rubbish before the proper hard reset was done and the right kind of info after.

You need a specific tool for this, which they never released. Software update doesn't work.

MR
Oh jebus. That is exceedingly lame to lock down a device like this without making it clear anywhere on the website that they do this. Thankfully I'm happy with mine and see no need to sell it, but now I know that when/if something goes wrong or I move to a competitor device, I can just throw this thing in the trash (yay, generating more e-waste...)

tom @ eas do you still have any of the software to update the units? I purchased mine direct from AWRON in March 2018... I don't know the current software build on it (will check later today), but wanted to make sure mine was on the latest release I can find.
I'm also a fan of aural pleasure.
Appreciate 0