11-17-2018, 04:04 PM   #2
GasBurnlife(landapanda)
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisM2 View Post
Hi everyone,

This is a great forum with a ton of great information. I've done a fair bit of research here and looking for a bit of advice.

Looking for a simple setup that'll require minimal tweaking between street and track

- Camber plates (Any suggestions here on brand?)
- Upgraded fluid (Castrol SRF?)
- Race pads (Anything available that can be used on the street as well as the track? Are the BMW M performance pads something that can be dual purpose? I don't mind a bit of noise/dust)
- Alignment specs for both street and track? (Stock wheel/tires to start) Suggestions for a decent dual purpose alignment? (-3 degrees camber seems popular but I wasn't sure on toe/caster etc). I'm willing to sacrifice a bit on track to avoid a lot of tramlining.

I have a fair bit of experience lapping in previous cars and have done autocross as well. (Subaru STI, C5 corvette, various other cars)

Ideally I'd love something I can go have fun driving 8/10ths on the track and drive home with minimal fuss.

Thanks for your help appreciate it.
Hi Chris, given your previous experience, I would recommend pads, Castro's SRF and better tires than the Contis when you are ready for them. I ran a fully stock car at Summit Main in October around 1:30/lap and the rotors were hurting. The list above is the list of things that I will do in the spring to prep for the track and will also do camber plates.
Appreciate 1
ChrisM41627.50