12-07-2020, 11:24 AM   #9
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentom2 View Post
I found PFC08 really challenging to modulate and seemed to go from no friction to ABS intervention very quickly. Maybe this is what you’re experiencing?

I didn’t find this quite as challenging with Pagid RSL29 or RSL1. RSL1 seemed to handle the temps of the blue brakes a bit better but didn’t last as long as the 29.

Might be worth trying a pad change before diving into the brake system itself.

Generally though, vs my 2002 and the Chevy SS Sedan I tracked before the M2, the M2 takes a pretty fine level of input to maximize braking but stay out of ABS for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwracer12 View Post
That could be. I ran hawk HT-10s in my e36. First time with PFC08s so maybe I'm just not used to them yet.

I've heard the ABS threshold can be coded higher... I'm guessing that means a higher level of slip before ABS begins to pulse. Have you heard of that before? Is that really an option?
PFC08 and RS/RSL29 behave VERY differently. When some other drivers I know and I switched from RS/RSL29 to PFC08 we were CONSTANTLY engaging ABS till we learned/got used to the different pedal movement required.

PFC08 is much grabbier than RS/RSL29, and is more difficult to modulate, but I like it way better than the RS/RSL29 on my F31. The RS/RSL29 there required too much pedal travel and force before you really felt like you're stopping IMO.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0