05-22-2020, 03:07 PM   #60
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg33 View Post
I had high hopes for that car and even test drove a newer lightly used silver Pontiac GTO 6 speed. Unfortunately I was very disappointed. Every time I speed shifted it sounded like the tranny was going to drop out of it?!?! Plus getting into the rear seats was a joke. Maybe I was missing something, but it appeared to only have ridiculously slow electric forward and back movement on the seat. You could probably walk to where you were going faster than waiting for the seat to move forward and back just to get into the rear seat. My daughter was still in a car seat, so that was a no-go for me!
I really liked the concept, but the execution was poor, probably why they didn't sell well.
Lol, that fucking seat motor!!! Any time anyone would have to get in the back of the car they'd be sitting there for like 8-10 seconds while the seat inched its way forward to allow for rear access. Someone would make some wise crack and my friend would get real serious and say "you know, Pontiac actually put a faster motor in the seats for this model year, older cars had even slower ones..."

It was definitely a muscle car though, in addition to the transmission not being fantastic it felt pretty nose heavy. I vividly recall it spinning its rear tires while still understeering a couple of times when donuts were attempted (not that it wouldn't do nice donuts, but you had to fight some understeer.)

Still, it was reasonably fast, not too ugly, rare and it sounded great. There are worse things out there.
Appreciate 1
Sarg33554.50