M1Curious
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier219 View Post

My main complaint with the M2C's shifter is that occasionally I will get lost in neutral when lazily downshifting in traffic and I have to go find 5th and work my way back down. It's never a problem when driving faster or more deliberately, so it may be just a matter of paying attention to what I am doing when slogging through traffic.

I didn't like the auto rev match at first, and it kind of interrupted my habits for downshifts. After a few days I got used to it however.

What I'd really like is a gear indicator somewhere in the instrument panel. I know the car can tell which gear we're in, and it would be nice to see that indicated somewhere other than having to look at the shifter. Again, in city driving with traffic, occasionally I will be puttering along in a middle gear, and when it comes time to finally downshift or upshift, I'd like a quick indicator of where I previously left things off before reaching for the shifter.
All this 100% agree. I've never had any problems shifting or losing track of gears in any of my previous gen bmws until this one. they must have changed seating orientation or something because i dont feel squared up to the shifter either, which might be some of the issue. my muscle memory just can't dial it in for some reason :/. still an amazing car though with all its little issues
Appreciate 0