United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomoM3 View Post
What is this? I'm not familiar at all.
There is a clutch delay valve built into the m2 slave cylinder. Many folks have expressed opinion that shifting is not easy to modulate because there is a disconnect between clutch movement and engagement. The E90 slave cylinder does not contain the CDV and is an exact part match to the m2 slave cylinder. A common mod on BMWs was to eliminate the CDV for better/easier clutch modulation. There's a thread on it called something along the lines of "easy CDV delete"

This combined with an auto Solutions ssk, and potentially an ultimate clutch pedal, gets the bmw 6mt on a level with the best of them.

Other reviewers are suggesting that there have been some tweaks to the CS 6MT because it feels different than other models. I stopped short of ordering the ssk to see if the stock clutch was good enough for me. I think the na/nb miata 5 speed was one of the best transmissions I've experienced.
Thanks for this. You've jogged my memory on CDV. Have had 4 (soon to be 5) 6MT M3 so far and always thought the clutch was fine (exactly the same). Can't wait to see how the M2 CS 6MT feels compared to all the others considering how much chatter about th improvements. Cheers.
Appreciate 1
Bimmed Out1908.50