Fred Conoway
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 F87 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I finally got back to the dealer and had my brakes done. I went in at 8200 miles in mid-November to complain about them pulsating badly.. dealer agreed immediately and ordered front rotors & pads with "unknown" lead-time out of Germany. Got back last week and got the job done. Work order shows "thickness out of spec" which is interesting - no further elaboration. Apparently BMW had to approve this as a "goodwill repair" rather than just covering it under warranty as defective parts, which annoys me - please don't tell me you're doing me some kind of favor when you're just honoring the warranty.

The good news is that the problem is definitely gone, the brakes now perform perfectly, and I even gained some pedal feel in the process - before then were shockingly abrupt and difficult to modulate; now modulation is easier and feels more natural. The parts alone - just fronts remember - list for a total of ~$1600. Yikes.

And back to the original thread topic - how's it going? The brakes are the only problem of any kind I've had with the car (now at 9700 miles). Couldn't be happier with it. It has exceeded my lofty expectations in every respect. What a great car.
Good to know. I haven't noticed mine much as of recent since I haven't been driving it hard, but I will keep this in mind
Foggins1334.50