View Single Post
      01-01-2020, 06:05 AM   #8
spree
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C 2020

Thanks to all for the considered replies. I think the comparison is closer than one would think - the M2 is generally felt to be a 'better drive' than an M3/M4, and many reviews conclude that a C63 is 'more fun' than a M3/M4 to drive - but I've decided to go for an M2C. I think there is a window for me ATM to enjoy this type of car as a daily driver while the kids are small enough. I think a used C63S would be perhaps more suitable later down the track. Issues I had with the C63S were that the facelifted C63S engine/exhaust sound - whilst obviously much better than an M2C - has been programmed to be a little more sedate/bit harder to extract than the pre-facelift; the extra torque and power is hard to put down completely so performance <130kph is not significantly different to an M2C, the interior whilst nice - is not that special as it can be found in much cheaper and very ubiquitous lower end C classes like the C300; its larger size and more conspicuous nature are negatives versus the M2C which are positives for me in my situation as a daily driver; comparing the M2C to an equivalent C63S coupe - the rear seat headroom and boot volume are actually better in the M2C!; there are a tonne of used C63S's for sale at the moment inferring significant depreciation, and the extra taxes we get slugged here makes buying one new or as a demo pretty expensive for what you get.

Last edited by spree; 01-01-2020 at 06:19 AM..
Appreciate 1
Moflow2484.50