F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track/S View Post
The best thing I've seen so far.
Yeah I agree, I've seen it since early 2016 iirc and was talking to fuel it about potentially integrating it on our car but I don't remember why they didn't ever do it.

But I do suspect a few issues of trying to run this:

1) our fuel pump is on one side of the tank, this means you have to run one really long hydramat to get to the other side of the tank. I don't think they sell a version where the pump connector is far enough to one side that it'll fit in the tank without curling up all over the place where the fuel pump sits. Since these things are either sold as a Tee or a really long rectangle with the pump in the middle (meaning alot of excess on one side).

2) I don't know if they sell a hydra mat long enough to even fit our massive fuel tanks, these are more for small square race fuel cells.

3) we will have to get rid of our bucket for the LPFP to make this work. So that'll require a bit of work but probably not too bad. I'm not sure how the jet pump will be retained either with this hydra mat.

4) I don't know if this hydra mat allows enough fuel flow when sucking fuel from across the tank, and partially exposed to air.

There's a lot of unknowns but hopefully someone in the m2 community takes a gamble and tries it out.
GenXG87187.50