07-07-2022, 12:56 PM   #75
rcouchh
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
"Spec wise" is the key phrase there for me. You don't drive "specs", you don't look at "specs". Bigger, heavier, ugly as sin & more expensive = I don't care what the numbers say, I'll stick with the F87 and be much happier than I would be with a G87.

I'm sure it will be a great car and a success sales-wise. I would never shit on anyone for choosing it. But it's not for me.
Huh? I will certainly be driving the S58, enjoying more power (~650hp with dp and tune) sitting in the seats, looking and them and the roof. How do I not drive/look at those specs?

Funny you say ugly as sin when we still haven't seen the non-camo front end. Having never driven or even seen one yet, you seem a bit biased. But hey, to each their own. F87 will always be a great car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevM2 View Post
The F87 was just at the sweet spot in terms of what you got for the value… the G87 may perhaps have a better engine but, in my opinion, it will not look quite as amazing as the F87….and with its heavier weight, much inflated price, and potentially a more numb steering feel (as suggested by some early reviewers) it's less enticing as it's predecessor… then again, much remains to be revealed
Agreed...
I have a feeling the G87 will look really good once lowered with some aftermarket wheels and carbon. The front, well time will tell once we get real pics. I'm a little disappointed there won't be any type of BMW style halos. I will say - I thought the G80's were going to stay ugly, but having seen them fully modded now they look quite good IMO. I think we see the same thing here.

After driving a couple G80's I don't think they're as 'numb' feeling as I was afraid they'd be. I think with the shorter wheelbase the G87 will still be a blast to drive.

Last edited by rcouchh; 07-07-2022 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 1
chris7197363.50