View Single Post
      04-27-2021, 12:42 PM   #145
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
I haven’t needed ducting with the AP’s. I run DS3.12s and left my Porsche scoops on and they’ve been great even in middle of summer in 30-45min hard driving sessions with slicks.

If you don’t want to pull the ducting off, can you tape over the inlets on cool days?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
Overcooling cracks discs/rings and doesn’t give you bite when you expect it. Can be just as bad of a situation as overheating.
Bingo, and yes ductape over the scoops is enough to block em off.

Went to the track Sunday and they performed amazingly I think the cooling still adds value as in my mind cooler brakes are longer lasting brakes.

Looking at some data I finally got it seems I still need to stomp on them harder and more determinedly

@daap1193 on here did some coding magic on my brakes and now they are amazingly linear + repeatable corner after corner. They require a bit more effort than I want but we are sorting that out.

ZM2 how do the suspension bushings fare on full slicks? I am tempted to try some...