04-16-2021, 04:18 AM   #135
H20neun
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noel911 View Post
I ended up keeping that diverter flap part because I couldn't find any definitive information online as to what specifically it does and how it might impact air flowing through radiators and intercoolers. I did find lots of opinions though.

That said, just inward from that little diverter flap (looking from the inside of the fenderwell), there is a channel that slopes up. I am unsure what airflow this channel manages but it is oriented in the direction of the brakes. Would love to find some definitive guidance on the aerodynamics of those two features to know for sure.
I kept mine so far as well, I just test fitted the porsche gt3 blades which (hopefully) utilize the channel you mentioned and direct more air towards the brake disc.

I know it is not new but I have seen several people fitting those blades in different areas, first I test fitted it on the lower wishbone because the blades seems to scoop more air up because it sits lower but the wishbone is more or less 90° to the brake disc and I am not sure if it directs air to or away from the brake disc.

fitting it to the tension strut makes the blade sit higher, there is only a small part of it peeking out under the car but with the little channel it might help direct air towards the center of the brake disc, especially with the dust shield removed, another benefit is that there is very little cutting needed and one of the original clips can be used to keep it safe and in place

did not test if it is working or not but I will post an update if I got some experience
Attached Images

Appreciate 0