View Single Post
      06-12-2020, 11:25 AM   #39
NotSooFast
On the Go!
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Just a few!

FWIW,

Two of my buddies narrowed their choices to 3 of the 2 you mentioned. Third being the Shelby GT350 (not the Bullitt). We picked up our Ms at the same time from the Welt - I went with the M5 while other two went with the M2 and M4 conv. resp.

Both of them picked up the GT350, as both had the same feedback - its felt more German and reminded them of their previous E9X - high revving V8s which they felt was lacking in their newer Ms.

Re: dealerships not offering you a test drive in their $70K car - yes many of the American big 3 - Ford, GM & FCA are notorious for it as this is the highest priced car they sell unlike their German counterparts. I am not sure what you currently drive, however, I have noticed in a change in their tone / behavior / overall perspective if you drive an M, AMG or Porsche to the dealership (no offense to the four circles).

If these two are your two choices and you are looking for what people will vote there here it is:

Chevy if I plan to track at least a weekend.
M2 if you are looking for a DD with outward visibility.

GL & do not forget to come back and tell us what you picked and why to return assist others in the same position as you, if not now in the future.