05-10-2020, 11:53 AM   #35
Moflow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
Yep, well aware of the actual numbers. I was just adding a default response to the constantly brought up M2C weight subject from some of our friends on here. Most cars, short of a few very expensive or massively due for an update cars, have gotten larger and heavier over the years, but somehow the M2C is more at fault for not being made out of tissue paper than every other car on the road. Same thing as all the "BMW has lost its way" threads where every complaint about BMW can be tossed at every other car manufacturer, or nearly so.

Anyway, drive happy everyone. Enjoy what you bought, and if you don't, buy something else.
I bought a 350Z in 2006 and for the first couple of years, everyone on the internet would always throw shade at the weight of the car.

But four or five years later, nobody was concerned about a sports car weighing 3200 lbs.

I'm sure history will be similarly kind to the M2C's weight. Sure, 3600 lbs is borderline porky in 2020, but give it a few years and nobody will bat an eye at 3600 lbs, especially with the rise of electric vehicles.
Appreciate 0