View Single Post
      03-03-2019, 07:19 AM   #11
jetbill
Captain
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony1s View Post
From what my mechanic was telling me, this will only happen when the car is on a lift. We lifted the car up and down and it hits there, but there is no binding. Does anyone else's Dinan bar hit the control arm??

I had him install the coilovers at the same time, but height is adjusted already and it's been corner balanced. Only thing left to do is alignment, but I don't think that will affect the swaybar hitting.

[img]
View post on imgur.com
[/img]
Same issue here with Dinan front bar and KW's, with stock struts it clears but close. The KW front strut bodies are a bit shorter I believe hence the clearance issue. Despite shortening the Dinan Endlinks it will still hit, you'd have to source a shorter Endlink by about 1-2"...I had an extra set of GC Endlinks and they were a bit shorter but still too long. As an alternative I thought about just cutting and modifying the Dinan endlink and re-threading one end, Endlinks are kind of pricey!

One other thought would be that the Dinan sway bar brackets where the bolts go through are slightly elongated, allowing the installer to adjust the bar a bit more frontward or back to the rear of the car , you could make sure they pushed it fully forward toward the front bumper ....but still full forward it will just barely hit.

Once the car is on the ground it didn't seem to interfere as it pulls the bar up, at full droop (which your car won't see during normal operation as you know) it only then becomes a problem. I still need to correct it none-the-less.

Good luck to you sir.