M2guru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
Also mentioned in this thread is someone who experienced abnormal wear in a relatively short period of time after thinking the clutch was fully disengaged. I don't have the expertise to determine if a simple test I can do myself is sufficient.
There was no mention of abnormal wear that I could find in the thread - just the personal experience of less notchiness while shifting with less washers and another person's assumption that the notchiness is related to the clutch not fully disengaging.

If you want to be safe, don't use it. I am using it but with one washer because I feel that the clutch throw after I "think" the clutch is disengaged is sufficient - however, when it is really cold outside (like around 0-10F) and the car has just been started, the gears can slightly grind and the shifter feel especially notchy for about a mile. I am assuming that the synchro are not sliding as much as when it is warmer due to the thick fluid at the colder temps. I say this because I am considering replacing the stop with the stock one for at least the cold winters my car and I experience.

Last edited by M2guru; 04-04-2018 at 05:53 PM..
Appreciate 0