View Single Post
      12-10-2019, 03:01 PM   #647
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conissah View Post
I honestly view the CS to the rest of the M2's as I do a Rubicon Jeep to other trim level Jeeps. You are paying for the manufacturer to parts on it for you, it just so happens that this 'parts added' car is limited production.
Even though they are completely different vehicles, I like the comparison of the M2 CS to the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

The main advantage of the Rubicon over other trim levels is that it comes from the factory with front and rear locking differentials

For those who actually take their vehicles off-road, lockers are worth their weight in gold

If you're looking to buy a Wrangler to primarily cruise around town with the top off and will rarely, if ever, take it off-road then you would probably be better off buying a different Wrangler than the Rubicon

However, if you want and/or need a more capable 4x4, then the Rubicon starts to make a lot more sense

Aftermarket lockers are expensive to add, require a good installer and are generally not as reliable as factory offerings

Then again, if you're a really hard-core off-roader who plans to do extensive mods and run huge tires, then the Rubicon's D44 axles probably won't be strong enough anyway so might as well buy a less expensive Wrangler and put the money saved towards even beefier axles (such as D60s)

The same type of arguments could be made for the M2 CS

Do you want and/or need things on your M2 the such as the carbon fiber roof, the M adaptive suspension or the Merino leather that would be a bit more challenging to add later on to a M2 C with the same fit, finish and quality as the factory?

Then perhaps the M2 CS is for you

Are you a track rat and likely to gut the interior, install a roll cage, ditch the adaptive suspension, or whatever in search of faster lap times?

Then the M2 CS makes less sense as a starting point unless cost is little to no object

In the end, there is no right answer for everyone
Appreciate 2
cptobvious2531.50
qnet679.00