View Single Post
      08-18-2020, 06:51 PM   #85
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

At 34, I'm one of the younger folks here, so allow me to add an alternative perspective, to this resounding echo chamber of beliefs.

First of all, no car should define a person and a lot of you guys here are cool, like-minded people, so I could careless how old you are or what car you choose to drive and consequently, you should not have to justify their choice of automobiles. That's my standard..

I feel like that a lot of life's problems stem from misunderstandings. No one takes the time to get to know someone or why they might think or tick a certain way, before their own preset prejudices and preconceived notions kicks in.

That said, if you're over a middle-age, with flashy car, with big wheels and an exhaust burping and blaring down the boulevard, you're going to get a lot of side-eyes and head-scratching, even if no one explicitly makes it obvious. All people have opinions or preconceived biases but are just not confrontational, so you just never know.

Sorry, I don't make the rules 🤷🏻.. Some people will never get the fact that we petrolheads buy cars for the purpose of having fun driving them and the added flamboyance just comes with the territory..

A douchy, boisterous machines are only really given a pass in society, if it's something like a 1/2 million dollar exotic sports car because duh..

The M2 comes off as a sweet, small, top-tier BMW coupe. With the same breath, it's also sort of flashy and noisy, that sometimes scream "Hey, look at me." Something that usually appeals to only the younger crowd.

A mature adults are usually introverted and drives cars that match their personality; (calm, quiet, not-tailhappy, ect) and gravitating towards automobiles that's more subtle in attitude.

So, you can see why I believe some feel kind the M2 would not appeal to a grown demographic and anyone above that age bracket, who chooses to drives one, is sort of going against the grain.

In conclusion, if you feel like the M2 is the right car for you. I say shrug off that nagging feeling, step on the gas and blast away from societal pressure.
Appreciate 1
BSM2C16.50