View Single Post
      08-18-2020, 12:04 PM   #78
BSM2C
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf72 View Post
I don't like to think I'm old, but I am almost 50 with a family so I'm not a teenager either. I have a perfect family car in a Tesla Model S. It's great at everything, except that it's kind of a big boring family sedan. This is definitely a first world problem, but now that the Tesla tech amazingness has worn off, I just drive it around like a minivan. Whenever I hear Elon Musk talk about the next advance in self driving, rather than being appropriately excited, I think.. oh great, so we will make driving even more boring.

I test drove a M2C about a year ago and my reaction was.. "it's alive!" I loved it. But at "my age" I'm debating if an M3/M4 is more appropriate. Or even a 911, although I'm loathe to spend that kind of money on a car. Is the M2C more of a car for 20 year olds or 30 year olds? This sounds like a stupid question in my head even as I type it. But it's a thing. You know, I shouldn't be wearing skinny jeans at some point either (not that they fit me, but you know what I mean).
I'm 31 and has the choice between M2C, Model 3 (performance) and a used 911. I'm happy with my decision to get the M2C honestly; fuck what people think about age relative to a car. I'm an old soul compared to my peers anyway 🤓
Appreciate 1
CFO277.00