View Single Post
      12-07-2019, 06:48 AM   #37
Salty Dog
Captain
Rep
Drives: Austin Mini,MBGLK, Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgfish View Post
I bought a 991.1 because I love driving it, and plan on keeping it quite a while. Cars are a terrible investment - TERRIBLE - so buy the one you enjoy driving the most.

996 Turbo may have the best chance at appreciating, since they're pretty damn far down the depreciation curve.
except for the fried egg head lights, I had a 996 about 10 years ago, I could never get over the look of the headlights, and the dash pod always seemed a bit off to me. The reason I bought the 996 was I couldn't afford a 993 at the time. I now have one and I paid about twice as much as I would have if I had bought it instead of the 996. And FTR, I agree cars aren't an investment although I have done ok in that I have usually about broken even on the buy sell end of things. Insurance and maintenance not factored in. My 993 has gone up in value from what I can tell since I bought it.

The other car you might want to consider is a Z4MC, the limited production numbers and the timeless good looks I'd say a safe bet that they'll go up in value, I'd say the same for a 2001 or 2002 Z3MC.

Last edited by Salty Dog; 12-08-2019 at 07:46 AM..
Appreciate 1
Red Bread4463.00