View Single Post
      07-01-2017, 05:48 PM   #25
swanson
Convicted Felon
Rep
Drives: chariot

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlasM View Post
The two of you are perfect examples of the irrational dislike of minivans I mentioned.

I personally am comfortable enough with myself that driving a minivan would not cause me to lose my dignity and self respect, or feel miserable. Quite the contrary: I would feel happy that I have the vehicle best suited to hauling around a family with 3+ kids.

Modern minivans are luxurious, efficient for the amount of people and stuff they can haul, and much easier to drive and park than a full size SUV that drives like a bus. Some of them even have built-in shop vacs for cleaning up after the kids. If I had 3+ kids, I would happily buy a minivan.

Clearly there are enough insecure people out there who are willing to pay a premium to drive a full size SUV because they're too afraid to be seen driving a minivan.

What are you trying to hide? All driving a minivan says is "I have a bunch of kids." You know what else says that? Walking around with your kids. Why is that something to be ashamed of?

Thats cool and the gang, man. I just prefer to buy and drive a full size SUV like a Tahoe, Suburban, Escalalde, Yukon, etc........
Appreciate 0