View Single Post
      01-31-2017, 01:30 PM   #29
greasypeanut
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGL View Post
If you invest in track pads and fluid you will be golden and keep it close to stock. I used Castrol SRF, so one year fluid change, and RS29 pads, which once the wheels are off takes 10 minutes to change out, so once I'm on the street, my car is stock. If you watch your tires and take care of them, they should be good for a few events, I did 10 full track days on the PSS, only destroyed my front left tire on the last day of the season, putting down times that were faster than my friend's track prepped 996 GT3.
Do you have camber plates?

Just as a reference point. I just did my first track day with the m2 last Saturday and my fronts didn't show uneven wear and I had no issues with the brakes. The morning started around 40 degrees and ended up at around 60 at peak temperatures. So the weather probably played a big role. I also was not the fastest person in my intermediate run group, but not the slowest either.

Im worried though that as I get more used to the car and push it more then camber plates will be a necessity to extend the life of my fronts. I know I will need some pagids come spring and summer time for sure.
Appreciate 0