Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine M2

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr 2 View Post
Thanks for the input. I still have a significant amount of waiting to do as I'm a week 12 production. Motivations are simply to keep a stock car. When I bought my Evo and got into autocrossing I immediately began modifying the car. Sometimes I feel like I ruined it even though its a very fast autocross car.

With the M2 I want to try and keep it as stock as possible. More than likely 3-4 autocross events a year and 1-2 track days. Just trying to do as much research as I can before I get the car.
If you invest in track pads and fluid you will be golden and keep it close to stock. I used Castrol SRF, so one year fluid change, and RS29 pads, which once the wheels are off takes 10 minutes to change out, so once I'm on the street, my car is stock. If you watch your tires and take care of them, they should be good for a few events, I did 10 full track days on the PSS, only destroyed my front left tire on the last day of the season, putting down times that were faster than my friend's track prepped 996 GT3.
Appreciate 0