View Single Post
      10-31-2020, 09:42 PM   #21
JES1680
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 E90 M3

I stated it hear before, late 80s my Dad bought an 87 325i and I jokingly called him a yuppie at Thanksgiving that year. He said shut up and threw me the keys.
E30 325 4 door dark blue tan interior 5spd. I drove for about an hour and came back a changed kid. Was always a car guy and the 911 was my dream, but the E30 was just everything I ever wanted before I knew what I wanted. I went home that next week and traded my new 91 Isuzu Stylus (don't judge it was the Lotus edition and all I could afford at 21), for a black / black 86 325es with 99k on it, loved the torque hated the what 4500? RPM redline, I was always bouncing off that. Have mostly owned BMWs 15 since.

Not really any regrets. I wish they had stayed more true to their roots as drivers cars and not try and be all things (luxury, sporty, economy, etc...). I thought they had lost me for good until I drove an M2.
Each gen, E30 to E36, to E46, to E90, etc.. they got bigger more complex, softer, less driver focused.
At some point here as I close in on retirement I will probably try and find an E30 that I can build into the car I see in my head and daily drive my Tacoma and stop buying other cars... Or maybe another nice 911SC that needs work... There is a reason my wife has diagnosed me with APD ( automotive personality disorder).
Appreciate 0