10-13-2018, 11:20 PM   #4
TheAMackAttack
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2 LBB DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomKazanski View Post
Nice tips. It’s a beautiful day today for a ride. Hope you enjoy. Love to hear if the route was as good as you thought.
YES! It was phenomenal. I'm from Pennsylvania originally so I've always been disappointed by how flat and straight Illinois is. But I've never experienced roads like I have today. Highlights are really:

-Route 20 going westbound between Stockton and Galena where there are plenty of nice 2 lane passing sections with winding turns, vast views and decent elevation changes (note: eastbound doesn't have as many 2 lane portions so you could get stuck behind slow pokes).
-Backroads between downtown Galena and the town of Scales Mound.
-AND the entirety of Elizabeth Scales Mound Road... Didn't see a soul the entire way and tons of foliage and long sweeping turns with dynamic elevation changes. ->> This is what the M2 was 'effing made for.

While the roads from Route 20 into "Galena Territory" were nice and windy, they were very residential and hard to feel really comfortable letting loose. The 3 sections listed above, however, were simply unbelievable.

We did it all in day and I felt a little rushed (including lunch at Galena Brewing, walking around main street in Galena and then doing the Pumpkin patch). Honestly, next time I would definitely consider getting a room in Galena for the night to enjoy that quaint little town and then have more time to hit all the roads in the area, according to Motorcycleroads.com (a great source for nice roads), there are many roads around there that are similar to Elizabeth Scales Mound Road. 10/10 my man, please go and let me know what you think!
Appreciate 1
QM287.00