03-15-2018, 07:35 PM   #15
SM2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S6 | 2017 BMW M2 | 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downunder99 View Post
Have ordered an M2 a few weeks back, with delivery expected 3rd week of April 2018. I still have the option of adding the MPE before it hits the VPC in Baltimore. I have spent dozens of hours in forums and on Youtube on the MPE sound and also the issues it supposedly has (vibration, drone, drain hole in the newer version, etc.). I came to the conclusion that a down pipe would be the best sounding option for my taste, but I don't want to void the warranty, hence I will not change the down pipe. That is why I am still contemplating to just add the MPE, but I would want to listen to it myself in person. None of the dealerships around here has one on the lot, so I was wondering whether any M2 owner from the sub-forum in the Chicagoland area has one installed (without any other modifications like downpipe), so I can make a decision. I like the sound of the stock exhaust, but want to up it a little, but want to be sure it is not to loud/obnoxious for my taste (also considering that I live in a townhouse with close by neighbors). Any help/offer of a life demonstration would be much(!) appreciated, would be happy to meet close to wherever that M2 owner lives.
Probably not the most quiet thing on a cold start. Shakes our kitchen floors for the first couple minutes.
Appreciate 0