Pyrat 2
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Rapidly from A to B

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Downunder99 View Post
Have ordered an M2 a few weeks back, with delivery expected 3rd week of April 2018. I still have the option of adding the MPE before it hits the VPC in Baltimore. I have spent dozens of hours in forums and on Youtube on the MPE sound and also the issues it supposedly has (vibration, drone, drain hole in the newer version, etc.). I came to the conclusion that a down pipe would be the best sounding option for my taste, but I don't want to void the warranty, hence I will not change the down pipe. That is why I am still contemplating to just add the MPE, but I would want to listen to it myself in person. None of the dealerships around here has one on the lot, so I was wondering whether any M2 owner from the sub-forum in the Chicagoland area has one installed (without any other modifications like downpipe), so I can make a decision. I like the sound of the stock exhaust, but want to up it a little, but want to be sure it is not to loud/obnoxious for my taste (also considering that I live in a townhouse with close by neighbors). Any help/offer of a life demonstration would be much(!) appreciated, would be happy to meet close to wherever that M2 owner lives.
If you're willing to spend the cash go for it. It is absolutely unbelievable sounding. I heard one at the MPE center when I picked up my car. I didn't want to spend the $s on it though since it is sound effects only with no performance improvement.
Appreciate 0