12-11-2019, 04:49 AM   #75
///Driver
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moflow View Post
It's actually quite noticeable, but I think it only happens in eco mode. You don't really drop out of boost at all when shifting gears in Sport/Sport+ even if you're shifting kind of slowly.
Since there are so many 6MT drivers here, and there is no 6MT for me to test drive, can I ask these questions to anyone who can spare a few minutes?

Q1/ Have you noticed the turbo boost drop in M2C 6MT? If so, in which mode? Just in Eco, OR in Sports as well OR in all 3 driving modes? Is it something you notice frequently or only on odd occasions?

Q2/ Some have said that the 1st gear in 6MT is little too low. Anyone else agrees with that statement?

Q3/ Recalling your very first drive in M2C 6MT, did you notice anything unusual or unexpected? A characteristic that stood out compared to other manual transmissions.

Q4/ Have you ever accidentally shifted into the wrong gear? I watched the video of blown M2 engine due to accidental downshift, instead of the upshift. Has this ever happen to you? I am thinking beyond me. If someone unfamiliar drove my M2, will they accidentally grind my gears or blow my engine?

Q5/ Has anyone accidentally shifted into reverse when aiming for the 1st gear? As I understand it, you don't lift or push down the gear knob when shifting into reverse, so I am thinking what's stopping accidental shifts from happening.

Q6/ Is it hard to get into reverse? Need to try several times?

Q7/ When cruising at 70mph in top gear, have you ever thought the engine was too noisy, and you wished you had the 7th gear in your MT?

If you haven't figured it out, I am crowdsource your experiences and having a virtual test drive in 6MT.

Thanks in advance to all that can answer these questions.
Appreciate 0