View Single Post
      10-09-2023, 11:17 PM   #1
mattr832
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Recommend suspension upgrades for track?

Hi all - I have an OG M2 and have started to track it for half-day lapping sessions after attending a HPDE. I'll continue to attend HPDEs (driver mod) and lapping sessions about once a month (Pacific Raceways and the Ridge here in WA). The car is completely stock, but I'm in the process of buying some TC Kline COs and camber plates to better set up the car for dual use (street and track).

I know the added negative camber on the front will help with turn-in and general track driving, but I'm wondering what other suspension components I should be mindful of as I go down this rabbit hole. I don't plan to lower the car very much, and I'm mainly looking to improve track manners while maintaining the ability to drive to the track.
  • Will the COs and camber plates require some other suspension upgrades due to increased stress (i.e. sway bar end links if lowering)?
  • Another member recommended monoball thrust arm bearings as another way to improve track-oriented handling. Does it make sense to do this at the same time as the COs are installed?
  • Are there any other suspension components that are recommended for this vehicle?

Thanks in advance for helping me learn.
Appreciate 1