06-28-2019, 10:11 AM   #749
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Rmtt is a freak, that kind of sleep would leave anyone barely functional. Yet some how some way it works for him.

I place a huge emphasis on my rest/recovery. Sleep being the biggest component. Due to my work schedule, shift work 12hrs (3p-3a) and having a 2 yo...some nights it’s 5.5-6 hours that’s all. On off days I try and stock pile sleep...8,9,10 hours. I’ll basically try and go to sleep when my little guy does. My wife is up earlymost days.

One thing that made a BIG impact on our sleep is the mattress we have. I generally replace my mattress every 8 years depending. I have a new memory foam cool max mattress which keeps my body temperature In check. I used to wake up hot and sweaty. We live in Florida so this was an issue. I know feel I am getting much better REM sleep and deep sleep, crucial for recovery.

I’m thinking about purchasing a Oura Ring. It’s a ring you wear at night while you sleep and tracks your sleep patterns. I’ve heard a lot of good things. If you track your food, track your programming you should track your sleep. The three go hand in hand.
That memory foam cool max mattress sounds sweet. My fiance and I have different tastes in mattress, I like firm and she likes super soft.... so obviously our mattress is soft as fuck not to mention hot as hell. I always wake up drenched in sweat, not ideal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Same here....My wife says I'm OCD in the fact that I usually have my entire day planned out. If I don't have something occupying my time or to look forward to doing...I feel lost?
Same, I'm high energy and when I don't have something to do I'ts a problem lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Just a story since you mentioned your run....since I am prepping for the beach I have amped up my cardio considerably as I don't like to cut calories.

But this morning at about 3:00am.....I'm just getting going good into a nice hard run on the treadmill at a pretty decent incline. I'm probably about 15 - 18 minutes into my run, when a guy shows up at the front, and motions me over. I figure he forgot his 24 hour key fob...and out of the goodness of my heart I stop my run to let him in as I have been there before.

I open the door...and he says...Hey Man...where is the Marriott? I had to bite my tongue, but told him walk two blocks up and look to the left and he will see it as it's the latest thing they have built and lit up like a Christmas tree.

After that...I just couldn't get back into the mood. So I went straight into my workout. Guess there's always tomorrow.
I would have been livid. I run my 5ks on the treadmill too, people have tried getting my attention but I may them no mind lol. I'm a nice guy but an asshole at times as well, is what it is haha.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8221.00