04-07-2020, 01:49 AM   #3
xxyion
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M4 Competition xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRosth View Post
Yes, you can flash the car with a CS tune

But if not mistaken the M2 CS uses the same HP as the M3/M4 ZCP and then you have the M3/M4 CS at 460.

I flashed to the CS tune that's based on the M3/M4 and it took it to another level.

Warranty wise, BMW can deny if they see that you have tempered with the car. Don't think it matters if you use CS/GTS or stage 2 map on your engine. It's not what they intended for the M2 comp
I understand its not whats intended and i can understand them not granting warranty if they see an M4 CS tune on there. However if i'm not mistakin, the M2 CS has exactly the same parts under the hood. I dont think it gets a new cooler or anything like that. ALl they did was change the tune. The M4 CS is different because i believe it has a different intercooler. With that being the case...i just have no idea if it would make a difference. And its the first time i've really encountered this conundrum. I was big into the tuning scene with the 86, but when they did the refresh they used an aluminim manifold instead of the original plastic one. So if a dealer saw the aluminum manifold on an older car they could deny warranty even if it was the same engine. But thats a physical change...i guess i could ask them, but part of me thinks they will say no just to stay on the safe side.
Appreciate 0