View Single Post
      09-01-2017, 04:01 PM   #670
Motivate
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Shopping for a new one

Quote:
Originally Posted by csbear View Post
Agree.... Not sure what BMW is smoking to have that price in mind. Their marketing and sales division are a lot more ambitious than their engineers... that's for sure.

Although I feel the M2 CS won't have the same percentage stretch vs its base model, mainly due to it still being based on a 2 series platform.

Honestly, the price of the regular M2 is universally praised, and is pretty fair. Let's hope BMW doesn't get too cocky with the CS version.

Yea agreed. The base price of the M2 is a great deal compared to the base M240i. If you add all the options needed to a M240i to equal the standard equipment of the M2, you are at right around the same MSRP. But you still won't get the M2 styling, suspension, brakes, extra cooling etc. Thats why even when you factor in the discount that you can get on the M240i, the M2 is still a better deal in many ways.

Let's say BMW increases the M2 CS price by 30% (low compared to the roughly 48% increase of the M4 CS), that puts it right under $70k before options or mark up. Realistically out of the price range of many people shopping for the "regular" M2.
Appreciate 0