01-28-2020, 05:57 AM   #9
cb804
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340 xDrive, M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Guys--

I'm doing research on ceramic coating for my M2C for when it arrives.

The plan it to take it directly from the dealer (with the transit material still on) to the PPF installer. I've been using the same one for 15 years, and I like their work-- they use SunTek as the PPF material.

Once they're done (wrap of front clip, hood, a-pillars, front of front & rear quarters, rockers, etc.), I'm going to get the car ceramic coated.

The problem? There are dozens if not hundreds of ceramic coaters in Denver, and they all use a different product-- from "off the shelf" to "proprietary blends".

Additionally, they tend to have at least three tiers-- and the pricing seems to be.... flexible?

So, a little help?

I'm thinking ceramic coating on the car (which goes OVER the PPF I believe?), wheels (taken off of the car first), and brake rotors.

How do I pick a ceramic coater? And is there one type/brand that is head and shoulders above the rest?

Thanks-- there's a ton of contradictory information on this!

R.
The biggest expense in a ceramic coating job is the prep. Since you are doing a PPF, you or your installer should thoroughly prep the car - decontamination, polish, etc and then apply the PPF. You can easily apply a ceramic coating to the PPF by yourself since all the hard prep work is or has already been done.
Appreciate 0