01-26-2020, 10:39 PM   #8
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTBoss302 View Post
Kind of surprised your PPF installer doesn't offer ceramic coating services and is also unable to recommend one

In any case, I certainly agree with what has already been said before that the installer is more important than which brand of coating you use

Yes, the ceramic coating goes over the PPF

Most standard coatings can be applied be hand

The wheels and brake calipers (not rotors) should use a high temperature heat resistant variety

These coatings are typically applied with a spray gun

Another thing to possibly look into is Windshield Protection Film

I just had Prestige Maxxion WPF installed

It's a little pricey and probably won't last very long, but seeing as you're in Colorado where rock chips are so common it might be worth considering
My PPF had someone, but there was a disagreement about working the two businesses together (I gather), so they're between ceramic coaters at the moment. The other person he recommended does it at your home-- I'm not sure I'm comfortable with that as I'd think adequate lighting, cure time, access to proper tools etc. would make a difference.

On the plus side, my SA recommended someone and they seem very highly rated-- I just haven't had a chance to stop by yet to discuss with them.

I've got a lot of loyalty with my PPF guy, as I've been using him for about 15 years. But, he *is* spendy-- about $6k for pieces parts (a LOT of parts) and about $7.5k for a full wrap-- but their work is exceptional.

Might be able to talk him down a bit, maybe not.

Thanks for the input though-- much appreciated.

R.
Appreciate 0