01-26-2020, 10:31 PM   #7
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Guys--

I'm doing research on ceramic coating for my M2C for when it arrives.

The plan it to take it directly from the dealer (with the transit material still on) to the PPF installer. I've been using the same one for 15 years, and I like their work-- they use SunTek as the PPF material.

Once they're done (wrap of front clip, hood, a-pillars, front of front & rear quarters, rockers, etc.), I'm going to get the car ceramic coated.

The problem? There are dozens if not hundreds of ceramic coaters in Denver, and they all use a different product-- from "off the shelf" to "proprietary blends".

Additionally, they tend to have at least three tiers-- and the pricing seems to be.... flexible?

So, a little help?

I'm thinking ceramic coating on the car (which goes OVER the PPF I believe?), wheels (taken off of the car first), and brake rotors.

How do I pick a ceramic coater? And is there one type/brand that is head and shoulders above the rest?

Thanks-- there's a ton of contradictory information on this!

R.
Kind of surprised your PPF installer doesn't offer ceramic coating services and is also unable to recommend one

In any case, I certainly agree with what has already been said before that the installer is more important than which brand of coating you use

Yes, the ceramic coating goes over the PPF

Most standard coatings can be applied be hand

The wheels and brake calipers (not rotors) should use a high temperature heat resistant variety

These coatings are typically applied with a spray gun

Another thing to possibly look into is Windshield Protection Film

I just had Prestige Maxxion WPF installed

It's a little pricey and probably won't last very long, but seeing as you're in Colorado where rock chips are so common it might be worth considering

Last edited by 2020M2Competition; 01-26-2020 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 1
flybigjet6822.00