01-19-2020, 07:34 AM   #6
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmurf View Post
Have you asked your PPF installer for a recommendations?

Totally agree that the installer makes a difference. I don't believe there is anything complicated to putting it on, you can do it yourself, but it's about having the right tools and the discipline to follow all the steps to completion. Guys who do it for a living are just going to be better at it and some will be better than others. Get a couple of references and look at their work.

I went with Nanolex Si3D HD. The installer had the car for a full week but most of that time was letting it cure. About 20 months later and an unknown number of washes, it's still sheeting and beading water.
I have asked him, but his answer wasn't completely helpful (e.g. "I like this guy's work better, but I like this other guy's product better").

The thing that's.... bothering?..... me is that the couple installer's I've reached out to in the local area say that they'll be done with the car in a single day, or will do it in my garage in an afternoon.

Which doesn't really gel with what I've read here (i.e. cure time over several days, multiple steps required, etc.). When I detail my car myself, it takes an entire day-- and I'm not color correcting the paint or doing a multi-step process on top of the regular detail steps.

Hence the need for research. I'm not quite sure what's the right answer yet.

R.
Appreciate 0