D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D CHOI View Post
I'm aware the new VRSF 5" intercooler I have is in between their old 5" and 6.5" . VRSF commented saying there are 3 offered but I only see 2.
https://www.vr-speed.com/vrsf-interc...i-n20-n55.html

I don't plan to upgrade turbo, but do plan to run bm3 stage1 but would I still be sufficient enough to run stage2 even tho it's not a 6"+ intercooler? I was concerned with turbo lag with bigger intercooler and didn't really want to push for stage 2 but having the option to qualify with my VRSF 5" Stepped HD would be advantageous. (I don't track car but do pretty aggressive street and highway driving in vegas)

Also all this concern about turbo lag can be negated with a simple tune instead of upgrading turbo inlets?
here are the 3 options:
1- VRSF 5" intercooler
2- VRSF 6.5" Competition
3- VRSF 6.5" Race

For Vegas weather, i recommend the 6.5" competition with your setup.
If you are having trouble finding it on our website, please let me know and i will send you a link
I think I'm gonna just run stage 1 since I only got the 5" intercooler and maybe try stage 2 during winter only.

One thing I noticed is there might be a slight slight turbo lag. I noticed the early rpm (over boost when WOT) instant pull isn't as instant and saves it for the mid range and upper pull to be longer is where I feel the difference from stock. Will need to experiment more as I only had it for a day but I'm thinking bm3 stage 1 should make a improvement on this.
Appreciate 0