01-27-2018, 09:02 AM   #75
GregoryK
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 '18

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh600cbr View Post
Yup. Some bullshit if you ask me. Luckily my bimmer was already on land when this changed. But it's stuck in hali
Here is my experience so far:

-Used the VIN Decoder to find out when my car was built.
-As you know it is now not possible to track the loading onto the vessel of your as 2WGlobal have removed the feature (Customer ID) I called my dealer who could not tell me the bill of loading or customer ID "for security reasons"
- Called BMW Canada customer service. Clearly they use an offshore customer service company and they were nice but say that they know less than the dealer. They said they would give me the information if they had it!
- Tried to punch my VIN# into the US site and it did not work
- Decided to punch in the VIN# of the US car that was built after mine and got some info - the build # and the car's position on the build chain.
- Then called BMW Genius with that build # and was blown away with the US customer service. The guy was so nice and knew exactly what was happening with the car. Told me it was in quality control and was just released and would be on a train to the shipping yard on Monday or Tuesday but to call back and he would tell me the name of the ship!
**** Just shows you the difference between the US customer service and the poor excuse for customer service we Canadians accept. Clearly the car I have info on is not my car but I would guess that it is not unlikely that they will travel on the same ship if they are going to the same coast. ******

"I would rather cry in a BMW than smile on a bicycle." Ma Nuo

Last edited by GregoryK; 01-28-2018 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 1
jmh600cbr271.00