View Single Post
      09-09-2019, 04:52 PM   #17
Spartan King
MOLON LABE
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bravosvo View Post
Active Autowerke, BM3 or VF Engineering?
I own and have used all three tunes on my 2018 LCI. I started with VF and while it is a fun tune, there is no adjust-ability (ex. cold start delete) to the tune you receive. My customer service experience with them was awful so buyer beware. The tune pulled hard down low, but would peter out above 5500 rpm. It is a traffic light to traffic light tune IMO.

AA was my second tune, and will say the ability to work with them was a pleasure. Great customer service and configuration options in the tune. Unfortunately the tune is not aggressive in feel when compared to the VF tune I had replaced. I don't track my car, but I do play around when I take it out as my weekend car. I'm sure it's probably more reliable in the track application compare to other aforementioned tunes, it just seemed very tame when wanting to do a few hard pulls and some aggressive driving. This tune was much more linear in its delivery and did provide power pretty much to redline, but the overall delivery of that power felt very tame.

BM3 is where I have landed currently, and I am impressed. The car pulls as hard if not harder than the original VF tune, but I also have lots of options to configure the tune to my needs. It was cheaper than both the other tunes by almost half. They also release new versions that you can upgrade too free of charge. The new Stage 2 93 oct ver5.8 map really delivers. The tune is as aggressive on the butt dyno as the VF HEX down low, but now keeps developing power all the way to redline as advertised. I feel like I am getting all the available power from the money spent on mods.

Hopefully this helps give you some impressions of the differences I have noticed in owning all three.
Appreciate 3
VisualEcho6636.50
D CHOI581.00
fleetfoot120.00