View Single Post
      09-08-2019, 11:59 PM   #15
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Wake up guys, it's 2019. There is no such thing as an aggressive AND track proven tune. They don't co-exist by definition.

AA tune did have a road course map which, according to them, was track tested with their shop car back in late 2016 and 2017. That tune showed smooth power at full range on dyno paper. Marketed as "track ready and not competing on peak power", the product came out at the time when bench unlock was still a requirement and people can't wait to see "what the M2 can really do". Of course the product was not very well received.

People like hard punches so AA had to change. They went VERY aggressive low down from about mid/late 2017. Forget about track proven calibration. I knew that from reading a couple logs from the guys switching from AA to BM3 (so they logged the old tune).

AA later installed PS2 turbo and went completely wild.

Whatever map AA's trying to make you believe track proven, it's very unlikely to be the AGGRESSIVE OTS map that you're getting for your FBO car and on average pump gas. Or it's just NOT aggressive.

That is in no way I'm trying to say BM3 is superior (because I'm not), nor am I starting a tuner war. Just put together a few facts and thoughts, as an independent.