Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
You're right, when members in the M4 forum suggest getting an M2C, they perceive it as taking a step down.. Sort of like how M2 owners look down on 240i drivers. The arrogance is quite an amusing observation on human nature.

Since they already announced the S58 and the new G series M4 mule was just seen being winter tested, I assume they're going to release it to coincide with the M2 CS, so it doesn't overlap in competition.
The big difference there is that the ...35/40i, in whatever trim, is some limp wristed, half-assed sales gimmick. Just like the Audi S line...BMW even made marketing literature to show the parallel.

On the other hand...an M is an M, and it's different. If someone thinks their ...35/40i is the same, they just don't get it.
I wasn't arguing the difference between vehicles, I was merely contrasting how it's perceived in comparison from M4 to M2 owners.

They're both BMWs and is not some exotic, 1/2 million dollar super car, so it's tone-deaf to believe that one owner is superior to other because of what level of series they choose to drive.
Appreciate 0