08-02-2017, 01:31 AM   #38
Ktmdriver
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transcon View Post
Less since I did the Dinan S1 tune, really evened things out for me along the entire powerband. Honestly even before the tune I didn't find it too bad. Agree with Ktmdriver that my old Porsche 930 was at the top of the list when it came to turbo lag. One wrong move and that thing would spin you like you were on ice. Only fix came from going all in, adding more power, and letting the car pull itself thru the turn

I'm glad I'm not the only one who almost wiped out in the 930, considering I was a lot younger when I had that and more brave !

Question on the Dinan S1. I really did not want to mod my M2 as the car is great bone stock. I considered an exhaust, but hear some horror stories, rattles, droning, Bluetooth problems, more noise with no power increase, etc . Most of the exhausts don't net that much more power for the money and just create more noise and attract attention, not bad if that's your thing, but the S1 Dinan mod for $1,500 seems like money well spent.

That being said, did you do the install yourself? And does it void the vehicle warranty if done by the end user ? Do you know what Dinan charges to install it if you didn't?
Appreciate 0