View Single Post
      09-06-2016, 08:06 AM   #42
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP Autosport View Post
That is not very typical of Stoptech and we have dealt with them for the past 11+ years. You may have had a bad caliper or two? Was it a Trophy Sport/Race or a standard caliper? What did you use them for?

In our Time Attack days the brakes held for 2 entire seasons, then it was sold used and stayed on a customer's track only car for a couple of more years.

AP by Essex should be on the top of your list as Brembo GT will likely suffer the same fate if used under the same conditions as the Stoptech.

These went on a customer's M2 along with MCS 2-way NR.
I used them in an admittedly very hard application, stopping a 420 wheel horsepower X1 35i that weighed almost 4k lbs with a driver in it. They would only last 10 track days before they would leak on the bleed screw. While it was a difficult application (rotors were only 355mm, which was really way too small but that's the biggest they made for the 335i), this is common problem with stoptech if you google it. https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...eaking%20fluid

Ap Racing brakes and MCS 2 way would be an unbelievably good setup for the M2, and if I can convince myself to drop the money that is my goal eventually.
Appreciate 0