10-17-2020, 04:20 PM   #22
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C AW View Post
I have pushed the M2C at the track in Texas heat on multiple occasions and never had the first hint of high fluid temps...or loss of power....and I monitor oil and water temps continuously throughout each track session on the LED Read-out On the M-Sport steering wheel. It’s the first production based car I’ve owned that didn’t require upgrades to the fluid cooling systems..for DE type track use in the summer months (30 minute Sessions at 9/10th). BMW did their homework on the s55 cooling systems...I’d say.
I’m not aware of cooling issues in the 1LEs either...and they are fast. GM appears to have done their homework on them as well. On the other hand, several of the Mustang guys I’ve visited with track-side seem to experience cooling issues..unless they’re in a Gt350R..which must have some extra cooling capacity. The blue oval guys also Seem to complain about difficulty with warranty claims, while the GM guys say GM Coverage has been great with the 1LEs, including replacing blown engines in track cars.
Lots of version of the GT out there. I know 11-12 cars struggled. The 13-14 TP cars with Boss radiators and oil coolers did better. But were not immune, like mine.

But thank you for the info. Good to hear the M2C seems solid so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020M2Competition View Post
I've done 8 track days so far in the FL heat and humidity and like M2C AW have yet to experience any elevated engine temps or loss in power

Extremely impressed with the S55 cooling systems so far (knocks on wood)

EDIT - This is on the stock tune. If I were to add considerably more power (such as a Stage 1 tune) I would probably make some upgrades such as a new front heat exchanger and a new top mount intercooler
Thank you for sharing. I appreciate it. The community knowledge is what's awesome about these forums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Just in time to hit a couple end of the year track days
I hope! But it will be hard to source a car in time, unless I buy used. I still hope to make a showing. I'm planning a day on the 'Ring and a day at Spa in '21. Would be nice to finish with Grattan and Mid Ohio back stateside. That would be one epic season! If not '22 for sure!
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"
Appreciate 0