View Single Post
      10-17-2020, 09:04 AM   #17
M2C AW
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER View Post
I have one other question. We all agree that M2C will do better on the cooling front.

But has anyone confirmed that in the summer climates of TX, FL AZ or CA the M2C doesn't pull timing? Or verified at what temp it starts to? I'd be interested to know as M2C might be on my list of potential cars when I get back stateside next year.

Right now that list is very limited. SS 1LE and Mustang Mach 1. The second one is close to price to a one year old M2C so, I might as well consider it also.
I have pushed the M2C at the track in Texas heat on multiple occasions and never had the first hint of high fluid temps...or loss of power....and I monitor oil and water temps continuously throughout each track session on the LED Read-out On the M-Sport steering wheel. It’s the first production based car I’ve owned that didn’t require upgrades to the fluid cooling systems..for DE type track use in the summer months (30 minute Sessions at 9/10th). BMW did their homework on the s55 cooling systems...I’d say.
I’m not aware of cooling issues in the 1LEs either...and they are fast. GM appears to have done their homework on them as well. On the other hand, several of the Mustang guys I’ve visited with track-side seem to experience cooling issues..unless they’re in a Gt350R..which must have some extra cooling capacity. The blue oval guys also Seem to complain about difficulty with warranty claims, while the GM guys say GM Coverage has been great with the 1LEs, including replacing blown engines in track cars.

Last edited by M2C AW; 10-17-2020 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 2
5.M0NSTER3353.50
Fabb228.50