10-15-2020, 05:25 AM   #8
5.M0NSTER
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM2 View Post
As Megator said, if you’re OK with stock power, pick which car you like more. I’m an M2 guy.

If you want to add power and hit the track, you’re going to need a long list of cooling related mods to make it work in the M2.

Altho, the engine warranty is thrown out the window at that point for either car, and the required mod list is no more expensive than the price delta bn M2 & M2C cars. You’re just not going to be able to get as much reliable power on track out of the N55 vs S55, is all.
I realized this also this year. I have not been able to make much headway in terms of my lap times on the ring this summer. I was stuck around 8:14-8:20 in multiple days in July and August. It left me frustrated and puzzled. Then the last day I did was late September, with ambient temps about 20-25F lower than before, and I shaved ~14s off my time.

Stock engine and cooling OG M2, same tires in all sessions. I could tell the car pulled harder out of the corners and up the hills. I’d like to think I suddenly found my inner Stig, but that’s only partially true.
2018 Camaro SS 1LE. Because race car!

"Redline a day keeps the mechanics away"

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 10-15-2020 at 05:52 AM..
Appreciate 1
ZM22810.50