Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1500Z View Post
This isn't a "VS" thread

Thinking about the option to trade-in for a comp and I'm looking for opinions and experiences of those of you who have driven both of these cars on track. It'd be great if there's as little cognitive bias/dissonance as possible. I think it's pretty safe to say the competition is the faster car, but what I am curious about is if it's also more enjoyable and reliable on track.

I think the heart of the comparison for me really lies in the N55/S55 differences. The pros and cons all seem to go back and forth other than that

M2 Competition Pros
S55 power
S55 cooling
S55 rev range
Nifty carbon chassis bracing (does this make a difference :shrug: )

M2 Competition Cons
More weight
19" wheels required
More money to operate

I'm grappling with this because I do not like to modify power/reliability components, but after a strange howling noise and the thought of frustrating track weekends because of heat issues, I'm looking at charge pipes and coolers. Then comes the question of, "Shit, if I'm spending money on this stuff, why not just get the comp and a new warranty?" Am I overthinking it? Is the comp qualifiably better?

PS: I looked around for threads, but most are just about seats, and mirrors, and which car makes [s]better[/s] worse fart noises.
If trading up to an M2C has no material effect on your financial well-being then do it. If you have to skip meals or swap wagyu, prime ribs to macca beef patties then I wouldn’t
Appreciate 0