Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by imolam3 View Post
I was told the vehicle only has 1 CAN address and can't be sending data to 2 different sources. I believe Tom said the same issue came up with JB4 installed and running AWRON at the same time.

Can you connect to the OBD2 port with a device power on and see if your AIM Solo is running normally while driving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
This seems odd to me. From what I understand, data loggers just "sniff" traffic on the canbus. The data isn't being sent directly to it.

If the t was the cases, everything that relies on the canbus in your car would fail to work the second you tapped a data logger into it.

I run an aim solo 2 dl on the track that I have tapped directly into the canbus from the FEM in the passenger footwell. Don't have a performance steering wheel, but again, I don't see why this would be a problem short of the network not being able to handle the additional bandwidth.

Honestly don't know enough about it to be sure. I guess I could plug another data logger (Bluetooth to Harry's laptimer for example) into my OBD port and see what happens.
So I connected a VEEPEAK Bluetooth obd adapter, linked to track addict on my phone. Started the car up, everything was fine. It was reading data (RPM, etc). I connected my aim solo 2 dl, and that was also recording data just fine. I turned the car off and started back up with both connected, was showing Sara on both devices.

Now maybe the OBD port has a separate bus that it works off of, I know when I bought my solo, they told me that more data was available if I went straight to the canbus vs. plugging into the OBD port (different cable for each).

Like I said before, I would think that it should work.

Last edited by detroitm2; 09-03-2020 at 07:53 AM..
Appreciate 0